Corporate Legal Counsel (Legal Team)
Semrush is a leading digital marketing toolkit for SEO, PPC, and content marketing professionals worldwide, with 7 million marketers who have already used Semrush to improve online marketing activities, monitor their website’s performance, as well as the competitor’s one.
With over 45 tools within the software and search data for 140 countries, Semrush provides solutions for in-house marketing teams and agencies working with clients in any industry. Semrush is an absolute leader in helping good marketers become great!
We are looking for a Corporate Legal Counsel (Contracts) to join a dynamic team!
- Primary legal partner to the Semrush Finance, Operations, and Administration teams providing support on a variety of matters, including real estate leasing, capital leasing, commercial software licensing, compliance. May also support the HR team on local labor laws, and other teams based on interest and need.
- Draft and negotiate a range of commercial contracts including SaaS agreements, IT contracts, icense agreements, consulting agreements, and other commercial agreements as needed.
- Manage contract forms, including periodic review and change processes.
- Resolve legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure contractual issues are addressed efficiently.
- Assist in legal support of corporate transactions (M&A, corporate financing, public offerings) as needed.
- Develop and deliver trainings for employees and executives on a variety of subjects within counsel’s areas of responsibility, including on compliance matters, competition, the use of contract templates, risk management, procurement and good contracting practices.
- Assist with legal support of efforts to expand business operations internationally.
- Provide business partners with thoughtful legal perspective and guidance, as well as risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- 3-5 years’ experience as an attorney with a mix of significant law firm and in-house experience focusing on general commercial contract negotiation and drafting (not litigation), and with a minimum of two years’ experience working as an in-house attorney at a technology company.
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written), Upper Intermediate at the least.
- Preference for in-house public company experience.
- Preference for experience in drafting and negotiating SaaS software contracts.
- Exercises meticulous attention to detail and an organized approach to quickly identify a problem to be solved, and then solve it.
- Ability to be creative and flexible but with a focus on business-oriented outcomes.
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills, with the ability to clearly articulate recommendations and options about complex legal issues.
- Highly collaborative and able to organize and manage projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, lead strategically and advance innovative solutions.
- Tactful with strong external negotiation skills.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed and excel in matters specific to the marketing technology industry.
- This offer stands for the “work-from-office” format (10 mins from the metro station Moskovskiye Vorota). Of course, every now and then you can #wfh due to various reasons, but bear in mind this is not a remote work format vacancy.
- Flexible working day start that would suit a night owl and an early bird alike. You can start between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm.
- Private health insurance program. Life insurance.
- Agile approach to work (we’ll gladly teach you).
- Online English classes.
- Training/online courses and workshops/conferences/books to improve your hard- and soft skills.
- Financial compensation of sports and hobbies (gym/dancing/languages/horseback riding/painting/wakeboard… and many more. It’s really up to you!)
- Corporate psychologist consultations. Mental health is as important as physical well-being.
- Awesome parties, team buildings and corporate events in different formats–both online and offline, depending on the situation in the world. We can have fun in any case! :)
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit and individual qualifications.