Looker Studio (previously Google Data Studio) is a free online tool that allows you to make visual reports that combine data sources such as Google Analytics, BigQuery, Google Sheets, YouTube, and more.
With a new Guru (available for subscription from January 4, 2021) and Business subscription to Semrush, you can also add Semrush data into your reports in Looker Studio. Along with the other 690 sources of data available in Looker, this connection can help you create custom reports and dashboards for your business.
Looker Studio offers more flexibility than Google Analytics or Search Console alone, and empowers you to create your own dashboard and reports. It has a robust interface, featuring drag and drop widgets from all of your connections.
Alongside Google Analytics or Search Console reports that can display your website’s top performing search terms and pages, Semrush can offer trends of your target keyword via Position Tracking and the perspective of a competitor or prospect website via Domain Analytics.
Take a look at the example reports lower in this article to see how the visual style of Looker Studio appeals to you.
There are 3 separate connection points from Semrush; One for pulling data from Domain Analytics, the second for Position Tracking, and the third for Site Audit.
Domain Analytics lets you search statistics on any domain in the Semrush database, Position Tracking lets you track rankings for a custom set of target keywords, and Site Audit lets you audit any domain on the Internet and receive a report on the site’s main technical errors that hurt its health and visibility.
- Semrush Domain Analytics connector — to pull Domain Overview data. This report includes Semrush Rank, top organic and paid keywords (Google Ads), backlinks, and estimates of organic and paid traffic and traffic cost.
- Semrush Position Tracking connector — to pull Organic or Google Ads Visibility, organic or Google Ads Positions or an Organic Overview report from an existing Position Tracking campaign.
- Semrush Site Audit connector — to generate a Site Audit Overview report telling you how many technical errors, warnings and notices Semrush found on a website. This lets you judge the overall health of a website.
For more help constructing your reports within Looker Studio, check out the Help Center. For help understanding connecting data sources to it, read this article.
We’ve created three example reports that are publicly available. Please feel free to check them out below:
1. Position Tracking example report
2. Domain Analytics example report
These Semrush Looker Studio connectors are available only to users with a new Guru (available for subscription from January 4, 2021) and Business subscription plans. At this time, you can get available historical data since 2012 on the amount of organic/advertising keywords, traffic & traffic cost. Report length is limited:
- Up to 5000 keywords per report for Position Tracking connector
- Up to 100 keywords for Domain Analytics reports
Looker Studio is one of the most powerful marketing reporting tools. This is why we have developed Looker Studio Template for SEO. It's a ready-to-use report which is designed to help you speed up the reporting process.
If you want to learn how to connect to Looker Studio, check out Integrating Semrush with Looker Studio manual.